Malcolm B. Roberts
- Business Litigation 40%
- Personal Injury 40%
- Class Actions 20%
Malcolm's practice focuses on litigation concerning personal injury matters, business litigation and class action lawsuits.
Malcolm has experience litigating a variety of commercial litigation matters, including but not limited to product liability, insurance coverage and real estate related disputes in California and Federal District Courts.
After working for several prestigious San Diego law firms on complex legal matters, Malcolm formed Landay Roberts LLP to leverage that experience for the benefit of clients who may not be able to afford the rates of larger law firms, but still want the same quality of work.
A San Diego native, Malcolm received his Bachelor of Arts from U.C. Berkeley as an English major and his J.D. from Loyola Law School. He has mentored young parolees through the VIP Mentor Program and has volunteered at the Cancer Legal Resource Center, where he provided information and educational outreach on cancer-related legal issues to people with cancer and others impacted by the disease. He is an active member and a past member of the Board of Directors of the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association.
The San Diego Daily Transcript recognized him as a Top Young Attorney in 2012. He was also recognized as a Rising Star by California Super Lawyers in 2016 and noted as being one of the Best of the Bar by the San Diego Business Journal in 2016 and 2017. In 2020, he was recognized as a top-rated business litigation attorney by California Super Lawyers.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2005
- University of California, Berkeley
- B.A. - 2000
- Major: English
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- California, 2006
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- California Super Lawyers, 2021
- California Super Lawyers, 2020
- San Diego Business Journal - Best of the Bar, 2017
- San Diego Business Journal - Best of the Bar, 2016
- California Super Lawyers - Rising Star, 2016
- San Diego Daily Transcript - Top Young Attorney, 2012
- Duty of Due Care Not Extended to Utility Company, Trial Bar News, Vol. 32, Issue 8, October, 2009
- Pre-Market FDA Approval Protects Medical Device Manufacturers, Trial Bar News, Vol. 31, Issue 5, May, 2008